Welcome to our SUPER Second Grade!
We are very excited that you will be joining us this year to become SUPER Learners! Our SUPER classes will take a safari and explore animals and habitats. We will learn about communities, travel to the Moon, and look at folklore and traditions from around the world. We will work with three digit addition and subtraction, measurement, data, multiplication and division. Our SUPER Learners will also work with STEM or science, solving problems, working with experiments, and practice being engineers.
So, enjoy your summer break! Take lots of time to read and be ready to put on your superhero capes this fall! We can't wait to fly through Second Grade with you!
Mrs. Brai, Ms. DiMaio and Miss Scinto
Second Grade Weekly News:
We will post weekly information to keep families up to date with all that is happening with our SUPER Second Graders!
Second Grade Links and Websites to Support Learning:
- https://www.ixl.com/ela/grade-2 This site will allow a limited number of activities for free daily per computer or Chromebook.
- https://www.education.com/game/bossy-r-words-spelling/ This site has a game approach to practice r-controlled vowels.
- http://more2.starfall.com/n/sorting/r-controlled/load.htm?f This link provides practice for r-controlled vowels.
- Vowel Team Practice This link will practice vowel team pairs. "When two vowels go walking.." http://www.starfall.com/n/make-a-word/two-vowels/load.htm?f
- Vowel Team Practice This link will practice vowel teams. https:www.education.com/game/vowel-team-spelling/
- Coconut Vowels This link will provide vowel team practice. http://www.arcademics.com/games/coconuts/coconuts.html
- Long Vowel Game This link will provide long vowel practice. https://www.turtlediary.com/game/long-vowels.html
- Short Vowel Practice This link will provide short vowel practice. https://www.turtlediary.com/game/short-vowels.html
- sentence Unscramble This link will provide sentence structure practice. https://www.turtlediary.com/game/sentence-unscramble-second-grade.html
- Punctuation Mystery This link will provide punctuation practice. Can you solve the mystery? https://www.turtlediary.com/game/punctuation-mystery.html
- Simple Sentence Practice This link will provide simple sentence practice. https://www.turtlediary.com/game/simple-sentences-second-grade.html
- RAZ Kids https://www.raz-kids.com/
- Lexia Core 5 http://www.lexiacore5.com/
- Starfall Click this link for reading practice made....FUN!! http://www.starfall.com/n/level-b/index/play.htm?f
- Storyline - Online Storytelling This link will access online stories shared by famous guest readers. Check back often to see if one of your favorite stories has been added to the selections. http://www.storylineonline.net/
- Online Dictionary Search for definitions to your spelling and vocabulary words.... http://www.wordcentral.com/home.html
- ep-storytown Click this link to access practice activities to support grammar, Bossy "R," vowels, verbs, and spelling skills....https://ep-storytown.wikispaces.com/2nd_Grade
- Inventors and Innovators http://mrnussbaum.com/inventors-and-innovators
- Inventors and Innovators http://www.ducksters.com/biography/scientists/scientists_and_inventors.php
- IXL Social Studies This site allows for a limited number of activities for free daily per computer or Chromebook. https://www.ixl.com/social-studies/grade-2
- http://teacher.scholastic.com/researchtools/articlearchives/uspres/index.htm This link will take you to a Scholastic site to research information about the presidents.
- http://www.aaastudy.com/grade2.htm This site is a great place to practice your math skills!
- Math Activities This site will provide practice activities for our Growing with Mathematics program. Thank you to the Redding Elementary School that has been able to provide this excellent resource! http://reddingelementaryps.org/grade%202%20math%20resources.html#Topic1
- Super Croc This link will provide additional information about Super Croc to share with your families... http://www.supercroc.org/supercroc/