Welcome to Salem Elementary School!
Our mission is to create a community of learners who:
Are responsible and engaged community members
Demonstrate initiative, persistence and adaptability
Are curious and value risk taking as part of the learning process
Access and analyze information and formulate an opinion
Work individually and on teams to solve real world problems
Salem School is an awesome place to learn...it is my second home. I am prepared to make a pledge to keep it a safe and fun place to learn. As a child who comes to Salem School I promise to:
- Be respectful to all children, adults, and things
- Give each other personal space
- Obey all rules and policies
- Treat others as we want to be treated
- Help others in a kind and trusting way
- Accept family and school help
- Share with others
- Cheer others if they are lonely
- Remember we are all different and unique
- Be fair
- Be responsible to myself, other children, adults, and my school
- Get my work done
- Do my homework
- Put things back in their right places
- Take care of things that aren't mine
- Be prepared at all times
- Ask questions if I don't understand
- Set goals to reach and then make new goals
- Do the right thing even when no one is looking
- Try my best and never, ever give up
- Have a positive attitude and have confidence in myself
- Use my best behavior and manners at all times
- Take charge of myself and not blame others
- Be a good listener
- Be patient, give people time to think their thoughts through
- Follow directions the first time they are given
- Pay attention to my parents, teachers, friends, and Salem School Staff
- I will support my child and his/her teacher with class work and homework. I will review the homework and initial/sign it.
- I will ask my child about school every day.
- I will encourage my child to complete monthly reading goals.
- I will see that my child comes to school regularly, promptly, and in good health.
- I will promote a positive attitude about school and learning.
- I will keep an open line of communication with written notes, conferences, and phone calls.
- I will actively participate in my child' educational journey.
- To provide learning experiences for all children on their ability levels.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop positive character traits and help them realize that character is doing what is right even when no one is looking.
- To remind children that we learn by our mistakes and that each day is a new day.
- To work with the parents and the school system to make one continuous loving, knowledgeable, and caring unit to give our children the best possible education.
- Guide the children and help them grow socially, emotionally, and academically.
- Challenge the children to achieve each one's individual potential.
- Teach the children to set goals for learning and strategies to accomplish these goals.
- Help the children develop a good sense of self and foster concerns for others
- Compliment and encourage those who struggle.